Protecting our oceans
We are proud to partner with the Clear Ocean Pact
. Launching in 2018 with a mission to reduce the dependency of single-use plastic items in the superyacht industry, it is an initiative that encourages yachts to take an involved role in protecting our oceans.
Understanding the remote corners of the earth in which we operate, and the operational requirements of a superyacht expedition, this is one way in which we are minimising our impact. We also hope that the superyacht world can set a trend for others to follow.
The Pact is a set of dynamic pledges that Cookson Adventures actively encourage any vessel we work with to sign up to, working with Clear Ocean Pact and yacht captains to provide viable solutions to achieve these pledges while not impacting operations.
- To avoid any use of plastic bottled drinking water onboard.
- To filter and safely dispose of all washing machine microplastic waste.
- To eliminate the use of all single-use plastic items with readily available alternatives.
- To reduce the use of single-use plastic toiletries onboard.
- To actively source provisions with low single-use plastic footprint packaging.