Cookson Adventures is going through an exciting period of growth, offering incredible opportunities to the right person. We specialise in crafting the most creative, bespoke adventures and experiences on the planet and like to consider that we lead the sector in terms of unrivalled creativity, the complexity of logistics and delivering unforgettable experiences for our clients.
We count amongst our clients some of the world’s most successful individuals, so aim for exemplary levels of service and professionalism. The company has well-located offices in Holland Park, close to the shops and restaurants in Westfield Shopping Centre and is only a few minutes’ walk from the Central line and Overground stations.
A fascinating and challenging role planning totally unique adventures from the ground up in some of the most exciting parts of the world. An ideal position for an individual with a passion for adventure and travel looking for an opportunity to demonstrate worldly knowledge, flexibility, proactiveness and truly outside-the-box thinking. Busy, diverse and demanding yet highly rewarding in a young and rapidly growing organisation.
A Project Manager is responsible for planning and delivering trips to some of the most remote and exciting corners of the planet. The successful individual needs to oversee all parts of the project, from dealing with suppliers, overseeing budgeting and costs, managing logistics, working with our in-house experts and liaising with the client.
Duties and responsibilities
Expedition planning: working with the whole Cookson Adventures project team to create uniquely tailored concepts for clients to choose from. Make those ideas a reality by liaising with subject matter experts from around the world and ensuring that each detail is executed to the highest possible standards.
Creative project development and sales: working with the wider team to identify and develop innovative travel and adventure concepts. Working with the communications and sales teams to present concepts to clients and other parties.
Logistical responsibilities: oversee all logistical elements of trips. Includes complex itineraries, contingencies and failsafe procedures, equipment sourcing and ownership of all aspects of logistics and costing of trips. Ensure all resources are acquired in a timely and cost-effective manner. Manage all communications, safety procedures, permits, travel requirements and insurances are in place.
Trip and project finances: in conjunction with the Head of Projects, oversee all trip costing to ensure all aspects are covered including appropriate financial buffers and contingencies in a clear format in line with Company best practice. Financial ownership for ensuring funds are received and processed in a timely manner and overseeing all payments to suppliers, consultants and relevant third parties. Confidently presenting budgets internally to the Head of Projects, and externally to Clients.
Team management: assist the Head of Projects in the effective management of project associates. Report to Head of Projects, working alongside other Project Managers to allocate Cookson Adventures project workload.
Third-party management: liaise with necessary external parties to ensure direction and detail of expeditions are correct. Ensure the highest standards are achieved when dealing with clients’ requests. Negotiate and build longstanding relationships with 3rd party suppliers and other travel operators worldwide.
Key skills & competencies
- Naturally logical individual with strong grasp of business and trip operational requirements
- Strong problem-solving capabilities – fast-thinking and solutions focussed
- Ability to work autonomously and within team environments, while providing regular update to managers on areas of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management, with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong numerical skills to take responsibility for creating, tracking and overseeing all financial aspects of individual projects
- Personable in creating relationships with suppliers and clients and as part of a positive office environment
- Positive attitude and thriving under pressure with a determination to deliver in a timely and professional manner
Essential experience required
- At least 3 years relevant project management experience, preferably in the travel industry
- Experience in logistics, equipment and expedition administration
- Previous responsibility for managing expenditure and 3rd party relationships
- Strong interest in travel and adventure
- Fluency in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to think on feet and have a practical, considered approach to solving problems
- Expedition hosting or guiding experience
- 3rd party travel contacts worldwide
- Project management qualifications
- Film or photography experience useful
- Opportunity to work with a best of breed company, in a team passionate about organising the most creative holidays on the planet
- Annual profit share scheme, and £1,000 to put towards benefits of your choice each year
- 22 days holiday plus an additional birthday day off
- Be part of an engaged team with regular socials and team events
Please apply by email to [email protected] with CV and cover letter.
This role is primarily office based (W11, London, UK) with ideally 4 days in the office per week.