Social Media Manager/Executive
Cookson Adventures specialises in crafting the most creative travel experiences on the planet, counting some of the world’s most successful individuals among our clients.
We’ve discovered both Roman shipwrecks and a new species of killer whale, rehomed giant tortoises by helicopter, and been the very first to pilot a private submersible in Antarctica.
As a team, we are dynamic, driven and share a passion for meaningful travel, with a focus on environmental sustainability.
We have well-located offices in Holland Park, close to the leisure facilities of Westfield Shopping Centre and only a few minutes’ walk from the Central line and overground stations.
The role is primarily office based, with flexible working from home when required.
As part of a growing London-based team, we’re looking for a creative, curious and dynamic professional – with a proven track record in delivering outstanding campaigns – to manage and grow Cookson Adventures’ social media presence.
You’ll be a natural storyteller with a passion for developing innovative and emotive travel content across multiple platforms in a range of formats, from imagery and video to on-brand graphics.
We’ll provide you with endless inspiration and material, from helicopter film footage over live volcanoes in Iceland to drone shots from the deck of the world’s best superyachts in Antarctica and world-first images from sub-diving adventures in the Pacific islands.
Working closely with the Head of Communications, Head of Marketing, Videographers, the Director of Projects and our Founder, this is a unique opportunity to grow one of the world’s most pioneering and exciting luxury travel brands.
As such, you’ll be able to work alongside, brief and coordinate other talented creatives to push the boundaries of our digital content.
- Developing the social media content strategy to support the company’s branding, marketing and commercial objectives
- Creating compelling digital content (video, images, reels, graphics, copy) for all digital and social media platforms
- Helping manage and organise a media library of world-class imagery and video
- Co-ordinating content production, briefing and extracting information from internal team members and working alongside photographers, videographers, designers and copywriters
- Working closely with the Heads of Communications and Marketing to assist on other marketing activity, including press requests, image selects, newsletters and internal communications when required
- Managing all social media activity, including posting, scheduling, community management and channelling customer responses to relevant teams
- Reporting on analytics and insights to shape the content strategy
- Attending company events to capture social media content
- Keeping informed of the latest news and practices in social media and digital marketing, as well as trends in the UHNW luxury sphere
- You may also be required to fulfil other reasonable tasks as we may require from time to time in line with your role
Skills and experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in social media management or digital marketing role
- Leading design, photography, video and animation skills
- A degree in Marketing, Media, English or other relevant field would be beneficial
- An understanding of analytics tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Instagram Insights) and how these can inform content strategy and deliver the best ROI
- Experience managing paid social would be advantageous but not necessary
Who are you?
- A creative and strategic thinker and an excellent communicator
- An acute understanding of our brand and vision
- Passionate about high-end adventure travel and all things social media
- Ambitious self-starter with a positive attitude
- A skilled storyteller who can devise compelling content for HNW consumers across all platforms
- A continually curious mind, you’ll be on top of the latest digital trends
This job description is designed to outline the main duties and responsibilities associated with the role and this is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties performed.
Please apply via email to [email protected] with a portfolio of work, a CV and covering letter.