Adventure Travel Internship
Cookson Adventures are pioneers in crafting the most creative travel experiences on the planet, counting some of the world’s most successful individuals amongst our clients.
Through extensive research and planning, our clients have discovered previously unknown Roman shipwrecks, found a new species of killer whale, rehomed giant tortoises by helicopter, and operated the first private submersible in Antarctica.
As a team, we are dynamic, driven and share a passion for meaningful travel with a focus on conservation, while uncovering the world's best-kept secrets for our clients' private adventures.
We have well-located offices in Holland Park, close to the leisure facilities of Westfield Shopping Centre and only a few minutes’ walk from the Central line and overground stations.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, you will be working closely with the team to help support their day-to-day responsibilities. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects and tasks, from organising and shipping equipment to the other side of the world to extensive location research and planning to uncover new travel experiences.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to get into the luxury travel industry and gain an understanding of what goes into planning the most unique and exclusive adventures around the world.
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated individual, who is organised, switched on and looking to progress their career in the luxury travel industry.
The role is primarily an office-based one, with flexible working from home when required.
It’s a paid internship role and we’re ideally looking for a three-month commitment.
If interested in applying, please send your CV to: Harry Rowe-Pereira at [email protected]
What you will be doing
- Researching destinations, accommodations and restrictions
- Work with the Project Managers to help create exciting itineraries and ideas for clients to choose from when planning expeditions, excursions and trips
- Ensuring all logistical elements of the trips are executed to the highest standards. This may include, but is not restricted to, designing risk assessments, trip procedures, equipment sourcing and shipping
- Liaising with and building relationships with third-party suppliers and operators worldwide
- Getting involved in team brainstorms and having the opportunity to put forward creative ideas
Personal specification & desirable skills
- Strong organisational skills
- An interest in learning and developing skills
- Practical and logical
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Passionate about high-end adventure travel
- Ambitious self-starter with a positive attitude
This internship description is designed to outline the main duties and responsibilities associated with the role and this is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties performed.