Cookson Adventures specialises in crafting the most creative travel experiences on the planet, counting some of the world’s most successful individuals among our clients.
We’ve discovered both Roman shipwrecks and a new species of killer whale, rehomed giant tortoises by helicopter, and been the very first to pilot a private submersible in Antarctica.
As a team, we are young, driven and share a passion for meaningful travel, with a focus on the environmental sustainability.
We have well-located offices in Holland Park, close to the leisure facilities of Westfield Shopping Centre and only a few minutes’ walk from the Central line and Overground stations.
We are seeking a capable pair of hands to act as the linchpin in helping the teams coordinate in their organisation and delivery of extraordinary adventures to all corners of the world.
In managing the offices in Holland Park, as well as assisting the leadership in administering the business inventories and infrastructure, you can have a real opportunity to contribute towards the future development of the business.
This broad exposure to all operational facets of the business, combined with a direct working relationship with the leadership, present a significant opportunity for professional development which we foster.
- Human Resources Management: Internal point of contact for minor matters. Administrator of company IT based HR system (BreatheHR). Key Relationship Management with external HR consultants.
- Office Management: To ensure that all office administration is maintained to the highest standard and efficiencies are identified and actioned. This includes management of all office contracts (cleaning, utilities, COVID working practices etc)
- Systems Management: To build, maintain and streamline office systems to ensure the efficient working practices are possible
- IT and Communications Management: to be responsible for all IT and Communications infrastructure inventory. Maintain and streamline existing systems; handle any day-to-day IT issues and act as main point of contact with IT support team
- Staff Events Management: Drinks and Social Calendar Management.
- Overheads Management: Oversee office overheads and expenditure and ensure both are kept to the appropriate level to maximise company profitability whilst ensuring team cohesion and wellbeing.
- Budget Management: to work within and to overhead for IT and Events budgets.
- CA Diary Management: Ensuring that the business diary is up to date at all times. This must include: trips dates and recces, employee holidays, meetings, deadlines, client birthdays etc to ensure company efficiency.
- New Employee Induction: Ensure that all new employees are fully inducted and appropriate training is resourced and allocated.
- Accounting, Payments and Expenses: to maintain and improve where possible the current systems and processes. Working with the Financial Director to assist in payment and accounting processes.
- 3rd Party Management: build and sustain strong relationships with key individuals externally and suppliers to minimise friction and ensure the highest standards are achieved when dealing with requests.
- Personable in creating relationships with team members as well as external suppliers to ensure a dynamic and harmonious office
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude and seek to deliver work in a timely and professional manner
- Strong sense of initiative - company directors are often required to be absent on client trips, so candidate must be able to work autonomously to ensure business continuity
- Ability to work to a deadline, and remain calm and excel under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management and ability to multitask
- Good problem-solving capabilities – fast-thinking, proactive and goal focused
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Reliable and discreet
- Desire to learn and develop in the role
- Interest in travel and adventure
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent computer literacy with a high degree of fluency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Two years in an organisational role (or evidence of equivalent experience)
- Previous work with UHNWs
- Experience in bookkeeping or accounts
- Based on Experience
- Company benefit scheme worth £1,000
- Eligibility for company profit share bonus scheme
This job description is designed to outline the main duties and responsibilities associated with the role and this is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties performed.
CVs and Covering Letters should be submitted to Cookson Adventures at [email protected]