Head of Projects
Cookson Adventures is going through an exciting period of growth, offering incredible opportunities to the right person.
We specialise in crafting the most creative, bespoke adventures and experiences on the planet. We like to consider that we lead the sector in terms of unrivalled creativity, the complexity of logistics and delivering unforgettable experiences for our clients. We count amongst our clients some of the world’s most successful individuals, so we aim for exemplary levels of service and professionalism.
The company has well-located offices in Holland Park, close to the shops and restaurants in Westfield Shopping Centre, and is only a few minutes walk from the Central line and Overground stations.
The role: Reporting to the Director of Projects and Sales, the Head of Projects will have responsibility for the coordination and management of all Cookson Adventures project planning and trip execution. As well as leading the team, the Head of Projects will also actively manage projects themselves.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management and allocation of resources within the CA Project team, to create multiple unique travel concepts to inspire clients to travel with CA
- Once clients have committed to a deposit, oversee the creation of detailed itineraries by liaising with subject matter experts from around the world and ensuring that each detail is executed to the highest possible standards.
- Conduct regular liaison with Key Relationship Managers to ensure that trip planning and execution remain in line with the Client’s intent.
- Ensure that all logistical elements of trips are thoroughly considered and backed up with robust planning to ensure the trips are supported in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Oversee all logistical elements of trips including complex itineraries, contingencies and failsafe procedures, equipment sourcing, shipping; customs; immigration; transport; accommodation; transfers; staffing; supplies and ownership of all aspects of logistics and costing of trips.
- Financial ownership, including keeping a detailed log of expenses incurred and ensuring all equipment is sourced in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Making sure all communications, safety procedures, permits, travel requirements and insurance are in place.
Trip and Project Finances
- Reporting to Director of Sales & Projects, ensure all budgets are accurately created within margin guidelines with all aspects covered – including appropriate financial buffers and contingencies in a clear and understandable format.
- Financial ownership for issuing invoices, ensuring funds are received in a timely manner and overseeing all payments to suppliers, consultants and relevant third parties.
- Ensure that all trips represent value for money to clients through effective negotiation and prudent accounting.
- Ensuring that all itineraries are fully analysed, and that disruption risk is minimised through the generation of effective contingencies and failsafe procedures.
- Work with CA Operations to ensure all trip elements are delivered in a compliant and legal manner both in the UK and the local environment.
Team Management & HR
- Effective management of Project Managers and Project Associates. Ensure KPIs are in place for the Projects Team and they are effectively managed through regular one-to-ones and appropriate HR records are kept.
- Arrange weekly 1-2-1’s to coach and mentor the projects team to improve conversion within the team.
Product & Content Creation
- Work with the projects team to build and create new and unique content with sales and booking framework to market to UHNW clients.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure that all trip concepts and detailed presentations are accurate and communicated to clients as effectively as possible, this will also cover newsletters and website content.
- Attend trade shows and conduct general networking to sustain product knowledge and relationships on and individual level and throughout the team
- Conduct internal product and destination training sessions and arrange training sessions with external suppliers where appropriate.
3rd Party Management
- Negotiate and build longstanding relationships with 3rd party suppliers and operators worldwide to enhance the CA network.
- Assist the BD team to develop relationships with Ambassadors and Partners where applicable.
- You may be required to fulfill other reasonable tasks as we may require from time to time in line with your role.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Be able to communicate ideas and concepts to clients and own team of project managers and project associates
- Be able to work as part of a team and also independently
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be motivated to provide the best service for the clients
- Provide coaching, guidance and management to more junior colleagues
- Strong commercial awareness of the travel sector
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Business related degree desirable
- 2+ years project management experience
- 5+ years’ experience of managing a team