Risk and Compliance Manager
Cookson Adventures is going through an exciting period of growth, offering incredible opportunities to the right person.
We specialise in crafting the most creative, bespoke adventures and experiences on the planet. We like to consider that we lead the sector in terms of unrivalled creativity, the complexity of logistics and delivering unforgettable experiences for our clients.
We count our clients as some of the world's most successful individuals, so we aim for exemplary levels of service and professionalism.
The company has a well-located office in Holland Park, close to the shops and restaurants in Westfield Shopping Centre and is only a few minutes' walk from the Central Line and Overground stations.
A fascinating and challenging role planning totally unique adventures from the ground up in some of the most exciting parts of the world.
An ideal position for an individual with a passion for adventure and travel looking for an opportunity to demonstrate worldly knowledge, flexibility, proactiveness and truly outside-the-box thinking.
Busy, diverse and demanding yet highly rewarding in a young and rapidly growing organisation.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesRisk and Compliance
Take accountability and responsibility of Cookson Adventure's risk and compliance, which involves overseeing the following areas of the business:
- Company compliance and reporting
- Management of the company insurance policies, including applying for ad-hoc policies for one off trips.
- Contracting with clients, suppliers, referrers and for the use of assets such as yachts and aircraft to protect the business and adhere to relevant compliance guidance.
- Management of trip risk, ensuring each trip has suitable disaster recovery plans in place, signed terms and conditions etc.
- Quality control of suppliers (e.g., auditing their risk assessment processes).
- Management of company assets (camera and drones, satellite phones, first aid kits etc).
- Responsibility for overseeing the carbon offsetting process for trips.
- Manage budgets and costs in respect of company operations.
- Overseas trip security - advice and oversee any additional overseas security requirements and promote the use of the Solace portal.
- Responsible for ensuring that Key Performance Indicators are in place and production targets are met.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of new policies and procedures relating to the production process.
- Develop and deliver policier to ensure working practices are legal and compliant with governmental and non-governmental legislation.
- Liaise with the directors providing accurate and timely feedback and analysis on relevant matters
- Negotiate favourable terms of business with third parties and create partnerships with other worldwide organisations, brand and third parties aligned to Cookson Adventures to increase brand exposure and presence.
- Implement the risk and safety training of staff and managers to ensure that they are performing to high standards within their role.
- You may be required to fulfil other reasonable tasks s we may require from time to time in line with your role.
Key Skills & Competencies
- At least two years' experience in a similar risk and compliance role is required.
- Experience in the travel and tourism industry is highly beneficial but not crucial
- Experience using Zoho or similar CRM as a risk management tool is advantageous but not required.
- Strong interest in travel and adventure, and fluency in using Microsoft Office, is desired.
- Naturally logical individual with strong grasp of business and trip operational requirements, as well as strong problem-solving capabilities - fast thinking and solution focussed.
- Ability to work autonomously and within team environments, while providing regular update to managers on areas of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills, as well as excellent planning and time management, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Opportunity to work with a best of breed company, in a team passionate about organising the most creative holidays on the planet.
- Annual profit share scheme, and £1,000 to put towards benefits of your choice each year.
- 22 days holiday plus an additional birthday day off
- Be part of an engaged team with regular socials and team events
- Regular travel through familiarisation trips, trip recces and trip hosting
Date posted: 16 January 2024
Please apply by email to [email protected] with CV and cover letter
This role is primarily office based (W11, London, UK) with ideally 4 days in the office per week