Executive Assistant to the Chairman
Cookson Adventures specialises in crafting the most creative travel experiences on the planet, counting some of the world’s most successful individuals among our clients.
We’ve discovered both Roman shipwrecks and a new species of killer whale, rehomed giant tortoises by helicopter, and been the very first to pilot a private submersible in Antarctica.
As a team, we are dynamic, driven and share a passion for meaningful travel, with a focus on the environmental sustainability.
We have well-located offices in Holland Park, close to the leisure facilities of Westfield Shopping Centre and only a few minutes’ walk from the Central line and overground stations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support to the chairman with day-to-day tasks, including timely follow ups on clients/third party enquires, setting up meetings, preparing presentations and ensuring good team communications
- Manage the chairman’s diary to ensure that it is up to date at all times. This must include: Project dates, recces, employee holidays, meetings, & deadlines
- Assist the chairman with all personal administration
- Assist Directors, Project and Business Development Teams in organising efficient and cost-effective solutions to global HCA movements in respect of any flight or travel arrangements
- Work with Head of Operations to ensure that the business diary is kept up to date. This must include: trips dates and recces, employee holidays, meetings, deadlines, client birthdays etc. This is also applicable to the chairman’s diary to ensure that meetings are not missed and do not clash
- Maintain a log of current and future tasks in respect of senior leadership meetings
- You may be required to fulfil other reasonable tasks as we may require from time to time in line with your role
- Personable in creating relationships with suppliers and clients as part of a strong and harmonious office
- Strong personal determination so when deadlines may create possible stress, a ‘can do’ attitude prevails and work is delivered in a timely and professional manner
- Strong sense of initiative - company directors are often required on client trips, so candidate must be able to work autonomously
- Ability to work to a deadline, with the knack of excelling under high levels of pressure
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team, while providing regular update to Directors on areas of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management and ability to multitask
- Able to take on a lot of responsibility from the start
- Good problem-solving capabilities – fast-thinking and solutions focused
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Reliable and discreet
- Two years’ experience in an EA role (or evidence of equivalent experience)
- Interest in travel and adventure
- Computer literate with excellent usage of Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Previous work with UHNWs
- Degree or equivalent