Adventure Project Manager
Cookson Adventures is going through an exciting period of growth, offering incredible opportunities to the right person.
We specialise in crafting the most creative bespoke adventures and experiences on the planet. We bring together world class assets, such as customised camps, expedition yachts, helicopters and submersibles, and combine them with unrivalled creativity and logistical prowess to deliver unforgettable experiences.
As we count amongst our clients some of the world’s most successful individuals, we always strive for exemplary levels of service, knowledge and professionalism. To do so we harness leading experts in every field to work alongside our in-house planning team, from National Geographic photographers, to pioneering conservationists and mountaineers.
The company has well-located offices in Holland Park, close to the shops and restaurants in Westfield Shopping Centre and is only a few minutes walk from the Central line and Overground stations.
A fascinating and challenging role planning totally unique adventures from the ground up in some of the most exciting parts of the world.
This is an ideal position for an individual with a true passion for adventure and travel looking for an opportunity to demonstrate worldly knowledge, flexibility, proactiveness and totally outside-the-box thinking.
This role is busy, diverse and demanding, yet highly rewarding in a young and rapidly growing organisation.
Expedition planning and deliveryWorking with the whole Cookson Adventures project team to create uniquely tailored concepts for clients to choose from. Make those ideas a reality by liaising with subject matter experts from around the world and ensuring that each detail is executed to the highest possible standards. Project Managers may also conduct familiarisation trips, planning recces as well as hosting their trips, ensuring no stone is left unturned in planning, and the delivery is seamless.
Logistical responsibilitiesOversee all logistical elements of trips. Includes complex itineraries, contingencies and failsafe procedures, equipment sourcing and ownership of all aspects of logistics and costing of trips. Ensure all resources are acquired in a timely and cost-effective manner. Manage all communications, safety procedures, permits, travel requirements and insurances are in place.
Trip and project financesIn conjunction with the Head of Projects, oversee all trip costing to ensure all aspects are covered including appropriate financial buffers and contingencies in a clear and understandable format. Financial ownership for ensuring funds are received and processed in a timely manner and overseeing all payments to suppliers, consultants and relevant third parties. Presenting trip accounts to the Head of Projects.
Team managementAssist the Director of Projects in the effective management of project associates. Report to Director of Projects, working alongside other Project Managers to allocate Cookson Adventures project workload.
Client and 3rd party managementLiaise with clients to ensure direction and detail of expeditions are correct. Ensure the highest standards are achieved when dealing with clients’ requests. Negotiate and build longstanding relationships with suppliers, experts and other travel operators worldwide.
- Naturally logical individual with strong grasp of business and trip operational requirements
- Strong problem solving capabilities – fast-thinking and solutions focussed
- Ability to work autonomously and within team environments, while providing regular update to managers on areas of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management, with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong numerical skills to take responsibility for creating, tracking and overseeing all financial aspects of individual projects
- Personable in creating relationships with suppliers and clients and as part of a positive office environment.
- Positive attitude and thriving under pressure with a determination to deliver in a timely and professional manner.
- At least 3 years’ experience of project management
- Experience in logistics, equipment and expedition administration
- Previous responsibility for managing expenditure and 3rd party relationships
- Strong interest in travel and adventure
- Fluency in using Microsoft Office
- Expedition Hosting or Guiding experience
- 3rd party travel contacts worldwide
- Project management qualifications
- Practical & wilderness problem solving skills
- UNNW client engagement
- Adventure’ qualifications (e.g. diving, mountaineering, sailing, skiings, horse riding etc)
- Event or Production experience
- Degree level
- Languages (desirable)
- From £30,000 per annum dependent on experience plus performance related bonus.
- Comprehensive company benefits worth £1,000 per year.