Adventure Project Manager
Cookson Adventures is going through an exciting period of growth, offering incredible opportunities to the right person.
We specialise in crafting the most creative, bespoke adventures and experiences on the planet. We like to consider that we lead the sector in terms of unrivalled creativity, the complexity of logistics and delivering unforgettable experiences for our clients. We count amongst our clients some of the world’s most successful individuals, so we aim for exemplary levels of service and professionalism.
The company has well-located offices in Holland Park, close to the shops and restaurants in Westfield Shopping Centre and is only a few minutes walk from the Central line and Overground stations.
A fascinating and challenging role planning totally unique adventures from the ground up in some of the most exciting parts of the world.
An ideal position for an individual with a passion for adventure and travel looking for an opportunity to demonstrate worldly knowledge, flexibility, proactiveness and truly outside-the-box thinking.
Busy, diverse and demanding yet highly rewarding in a young and rapidly growing organisation.
Core ResponsibilitiesExpedition planning: working with the whole Cookson Adventures project team to create uniquely tailored concepts for clients to choose from. Make those ideas a reality by liaising with subject matter experts from around the world and ensuring that each detail is executed to the highest possible standards.
Creative project development and sales: working with the wider team to identify and develop innovative travel and adventure concepts. Working with the communications and sales teams to present concepts to clients and other parties.
Logistical responsibilities: oversee all logistical elements of trips. Includes complex itineraries, contingencies and failsafe procedures, equipment sourcing and ownership of all aspects of logistics and costing of trips. Ensure all resources are acquired in a timely and cost-effective manner. Manage all communications, safety procedures, permits, travel requirements and insurances are in place.
Trip and project finances: in conjunction with the Director of Projects, oversee all trip costing to ensure all aspects are covered including appropriate financial buffers and contingencies in a clear format. Financial ownership for ensuring funds are received and processed in a timely manner and overseeing all payments to suppliers, consultants and relevant third parties. Presenting trip finances internally to the Director of Projects.
Team management: assist the Director of Projects in the effective management of project associates. Report to Director of Projects, working alongside other Project Managers to allocate Cookson Adventures project workload.
Client and 3rd party management: liaise with clients to ensure direction and detail of expeditions are correct. Ensure the highest standards are achieved when dealing with clients’ requests. Negotiate and build longstanding relationships with 3rd party suppliers and other travel operators worldwide.
- Naturally logical individual with strong grasp of business and trip operational requirements
- Strong problem solving capabilities – fast-thinking and solutions focussed
- Ability to work autonomously and within team environments, while providing regular update to managers on areas of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management, with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong numerical skills to take responsibility for creating, tracking and overseeing all financial aspects of individual projects
- Personable in creating relationships with suppliers and clients and as part of a positive office environment.
- Positive attitude and thriving under pressure with a determination to deliver in a timely and professional manner.
- At least 3 years’ experience of project management
- Experience in logistics, equipment and expedition administration
- Previous responsibility for managing expenditure and 3rd party relationships
- Strong interest in travel and adventure
- Fluency in using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to think on feet and have a practical, considered approach to solving problems
- Expedition Hosting or Guiding experience
- 3rd party travel contacts worldwide
- Project management qualifications
- Film or photography experience useful
- Ability to host clients with confidence as well as manage the logistics of a trip behind the scenes
- Degree level or equivalent
- Languages (desirable)
- Competitive salary plus Company profit-share bonus scheme
- Broad scope company benefits worth £1,000 per year
- Please contact us by email ONLY to [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter detailing your current position, ambitions, reasons for applying for this role.